Monday 23 August 2010

Howdy!


Look who's come out to play again! It's the Bugaboo Cowboy. Isn't he just fantastic?

I wanted to play with the Charisma Challenge this week which is to use Die Cuts. Now, a confession, I've had this stars sizzix dies for a few years and it has barely been used. I thought this challenge would be a brilliant reason to get it out and get it cutting. Well I think It'll be used plenty more again! I really like how these layered stars turned out. I used them on Mellow Moss and Soft Suede cardstock and DSP. The Mellow Moss DSP was from the hostess gift section.


The DSP at the top of the card is just a small piece which was scrap from another project. The stars have also been cut from scrap bits too. This means I can enter it for Digital Tuesday's 'use your scraps' challenge.

The sentiment is from SU, stamped using Chocolate Chip ink so that it is darker and matches all the doodling. I like how the doodling adds to the stars, they looked a bit bare without it.

Expect to see more stars soon!

8 comments:

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Howdy :) What an adorable lil cowboy! Love his look! Great card!
Happy Monday!
hugs, margie

Elaine ♥ said...

Gorgeous card Paul, fab image and colouring and love your signature doodles... cool :)

Elaine x

aqualeiga said...

Love this lil' guy...have often come close to buying him! Oh, and pop over to my blog when you get a mo Paul, (I've tagged you for a blog award!)

Rae Anne said...

Who knew you had a little C&W (country & western) in you? ;) Being from Texas, I'm partial to cowboy. And this one is so sweet - I love him! :D MWAH!

Farida Rone said...

Waooo!!! Paul,
I was looking around your blog and all your creationas are wonderful.
Hugs,
Farida

Cheryl said...

This is fabulous,love the papers with that cute cowboy!!!
xx

Lorraine said...

Great guy so cute love the card

Dawn♥ said...

Wow thats one fabulous looking card. Love the layered stars and that cute image. :)