Wednesday 17 November 2010

Treat Box Tutorial for Tutorial Wednesday

Wednesdays are Tutorial days over at Catch the Bug with Bugaboo. This week is my turn to share a tutorial. I'm going to show you how to make these very quick and easy treat holders. Here's a bunch I've shared before with you that I made for the Craft Class I go to for Halloween. They liked them a lot and I completed them all in a couple of hours - the time consuming part was the colouring in. If they'd been done ahead of time they'd have been very quick.


The one I'm showing you now is a different one I made for the Halloween period. I intend on making some Christmas ones though. So what to you need? How do you go about it? How long have some of you been waiting for this tutorial?

Firstly, you will need:
1 Piece of card for base, cut at 3" wide by 11" long
2 Panels 2.75" by 2.25"
1 Panel 2.75" by 1.75"
SU Oval Punch (I'm using the old style but the new one works exactly the same)
A scoreboard (not essential but makes this very quick)


Score the base card at 1", 2", 4", 4.5", 8" and 8.5"


Fold along each score line.


Punch a hole between the 1" and 2" folds. Line up the sides of the punch with the sides of the card to centralise it. If you don't have a punch, simply use a craft knife to cut out a hole.


Attach Double Sided Tape to the 1 inch wide piece.


Adhere as shown above.
The holder is now complete and ready to decorate.


I've stamped a pattern using my PTI stamps here before attaching to the base.
Attach one of the larger panels to the inside of the lid and the smaller on to the bottom panel of the holder.


Attach the other large panel to the front of the lid. It'll now be 3 pieces of carstock thick and so quite sturdy.
Attach your images/decorations/embellishments how you like. I've used this Bugaboo Mummy image on mine and a typed sentiment cut with the SU Window Punch.


Slide in your treat. I've used a Freddo bar in this one but I'm sure other items would fit too.

Hope you enjoyed the tutorial and maybe tempted to create your own. If you do, let me know so that I can come and see it.

Thank you

12 comments:

Sarah B said...

I love this Paul, Might just have to pinch this idea for christmas treats, Hope you are well, Hugs Sarah B X

Diane said...

Oh I can't wait to see the xmas one! Such a neat little box! TFS!

Catherine said...

Thank you so so much Paul ! I love it ! Can't wait to have a try !!! Smiles from Catherine

Rae Anne said...

You make it look easy, but I know it's not. . .;) Terrific tutorial Paul! :D MWAH!

Chris Hanselman said...

Such a neat idea.

Patti J said...

Thanks, Paul for the great tutorial! Can't wait to try them with something for Christmas!

Ruthie said...

Hey Paul

Just to let you know that I used your instructions for my latest Aud Sentiments challenge - have credited you for the design!

http://gedalovitch.blogspot.com/2011/01/aud-sentiments-two-words.html

Rx

Elaine L. said...

Thanks for the tutorial!

Rosa Witten said...

I gotta make one of these! Thanks for the tutorial.

Debbie Brackett said...

I love making my own boxes and things. This is really a great idea. Thank you for sharing!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

VERY clever and simple thanks.

mulberry station said...

Wow, I love your gift box idea. Thanks for the tutorial.
Nancy P
mulberrystation.blogspot.com