Wednesday 4 August 2010

Anyone for Anya - Stitch It

STITCH IT is the theme over at Anyone for Anya? this week and Paper Sundae have also got STITCHING as their theme. Am entering this card into both. I have used Kraft Card as the base (which I seem to be doing a lot of now) and layered on some blue cardstock which I got from the Papermill. The blue matches the Agean Promarker perfectly and I tend to use them a lot!


Simply stamped Surfer Ian onto the white linen cardstock. I was suprised how well the coloures blended on this as I thought the texture may have been an issue. The sentiment is from a SU set. I then went ahead with some faux stitching around the edge. A TIP ~ wait for the ink to dry before picking it up! Managed to smudge it and the black on my fingers have resulted in thumb marks :(

Remember to come back tomororow as I'll be showing a card as part of the La La Land Beach Bash and you could win some brill prizes simply by coming by here.

14 comments:

Fiona said...

this is adorable Paul...and I have just had a look around you blog..you have lots of wonderful cards.

I have candy on my blog if you are interested.

fi
x

Fiona said...

ooh..forgot..you could have entered this one in Paper sundaes..the theme is stitching.

Fiona said...

Paul me again..as I already said cool an fab stitching..thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week and hope to see you next week.

fi

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

Great card.Love the colours you have used.You have a great blog.
Elisa.

Hetty said...

This is a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Anyone for Anya.

gr Hetty

Jules said...

Great card Paul and I love the sentiment.

Love Jules xx

Catherine said...

This is such a sweet card Paul and the sentiment is adorable ! Love it ! Smiles from Catherine

Vicky said...

This card is fantastic Paul!!, love your blog and thanks for the kind comments on mine :o)
Will be looking forward to seeing more of your creations,
Vicky xx

Tenia Nelson said...

Great card!

Julie said...

Great card, I like the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Anyone for Anya? this week.

France Ringuette said...

Great card Paul.. The fake stitching adds real charm to this layout.

Thanks for playing at paper sundaes

Nana said...

Great card!
Thank you for joining us at "Paper Sundaes" this week. Hope to see you again!
hugs Nana

Basslady said...

this is a real cool surfer-boy! ;-)

what a cute image...so adorable...

many thanx for your lovely comment on my blog...

it is so fantastic, to have those worldwide opportunity to be inspired by other crafters...

xoxo silvi (germany)

Zuila said...

Hi Paul,this is adorable and thanks for the kind comments on mine.