Saturday 14 August 2010

Catch The Bug Challenge ~ Back to School


I know it's a while again before we go back to school on this side of the pond but that is the theme for this week's challenge at Catch The Bug, the Bugaboo digi image challenge. The challenge, should you wish to accept it is to create a Back to School project using Primary Colours. I have used the Turtle from the More Turtles set to create these two treat holders.

When I saw Sarah's post over at CARD OASIS and saw her little treat holder, I started to think. The mechanism looked similar to my door hanger treat holder, so I set about experimenting. This is the result:


I simply extended the piece of card I started with to create a flap to come over the top. As Sarah says. a Cadbury's Freddo bar is a perfect fit. 

 

Isn't it great when you can alter a previous project and make something new!!! I have made both the treat holders to show you. If you'd like to have a go at make the door hanging treat holder then check out my tutorial HERE. I've been trying out more chocolate in the holder, for scientific reasons of course, to see what fits. Latest find - CHOCOLATE ORANGE BARS - MMMMMMMMMMMMMM



To see the rest of the Design Team's work, head on over to Catch The Bug.Remember, if you join in with our challenge, you could win some Bugaboo Digis of your choice, 7 for 1st place, 5 for 2nd and 3 for 3rd. The bonus is, if you use a Bugaboo digi on your project, you can enter your name into the draw TWICE!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Another fab creation Paul ! You are so clever ! Love the theme of the challenge, got to give it a try ! Smiles from Catherine

sgc said...

Paul--dyou always go such a great job with projects! These treat containers are so cute--and I love the image that you chose.

Caroline and Jayne said...

great idea, HAVE YOU EVER VISITED OUR CRAFT BLOG www.fiskarettes.co.uk WE HAVE A DT CALL & COMPETITION WHERE YOU CAN WIN A OVERNIGHT TRIP TO NEC RUNNING NOW + IT'S A BLOG WHERE YOU CAN BE INSPIRED & INSPIRE OTHERS TOO ! CHECK US OUT X

Rae Anne said...

OOOH Paul, I love the way you "grounded" the turtle. . .He looks great!!! :D MWAH!