I love how this card turned out. Used Sue Wilson's Belgian Borders and Belgian collection dies for the main focal area. Added a bit of foliage. The stamp is from Stamping All Day and comes as two seperate pieces so that you can change it up!
Tuesday, 18 July 2017
Here's my first ever attempt at an MFT sketch challenge. I've only recently had my first ever set so expect mostly Warm and Fuzzy themed cards! The backing paper is Stampin Up from years ago but thought it went well with the stamps and theme. The tree backing was stamped repeatedly. The scene was done with some masking.
Thursday, 2 February 2017
Wednesday, 1 February 2017
Too early for Christmas? I couldn't wait. Having watched a Sue Wilson video where she made the Christmas Shadow Box, I saw the die set in a sale and had to get it. I tried to keep to the same colour scheme and came up with this. See the original video HERE.
Tuesday, 13 September 2016
Monday, 12 September 2016
A little trip WAY out of my comfort zone today.
With thanks to the help of Tracey, Lalkygirl, I ventured into the world of mixed media last Saturday!
I turned up at hers with the box above and did panic half way through when I had this...
...but I love the end result! Awaiting patiently now for my Gesso to arrive - oh and some waxes, and some mica sprays, and some new dies, and some mebellishments...
Sunday, 11 September 2016
So being brave and sharing with you my first go at decorating an MDF shape. I stuck within my comfort zone with choosing how to decorate it as I usedd a Polkadoodles digi kit - Winnie in Wonderland. That way if it all went wrong, I hadn't wasted anything and could just print another (luckily as that is exactly what happened!)
I printed the backing paper and attached to the large heart. I then printed the Queen onto paper, cut her out and used decoupage glue to adhere her to the heart itself. I printed the grey paper and cut out some swirls and glued these down. I then printed a co-ordinating paper onto some thin card, turned it over and printed the back to match so the flowers would be red both sides and cut out and formed the flowers using a Spellbinders die. Some foliage from Sue Wilson dies and a few playing card embellishments from the digi kit finished it all off.
I still need to find a ribbon that I'm happy with so that I can hang it.
I am entering it into the Polkadoodles Challenge.
Saturday, 10 September 2016
I needed a quick and simple card - no FUSS! Out came the Scandinavian dies from Sue Wilson. I liked the smallest die making a patterned aperture to the card but still need to work on my flower making. I haven't quite got the leaves working for me yet!
Thursday, 1 September 2016
I wanted to offer a choice for my crafty gathering on Saturday so couldn't resist making another framed gatefold card using Polkadoodles' Winnie in Wonderland kit. I think three choices are enough for now although I am looking at Tweedledum and Tweedledee and thinking I NEED to make something with them!!!
Wednesday, 31 August 2016
A couple of days ago I shared with you some images of a new card I have tried by using a die to cut an aperture out of a gatefold and then decorated using Polkadoodles' Winnie in Wonderland Digi kit. I was so happy with it that I tried it again using the Mad Hatter image. I have a craft group on Saturday and guess what we will be trying!!!
I have continued my obsession with foliage behind flowers and images!
Tuesday, 30 August 2016
Monday, 29 August 2016
So the Polkadoodles Challenge is to use the letter F. I recently bought the Winnie in Wonderland set as I liked the Queen of Hearts digi but ended up getting the entire kit! So I have used a new style for me and used my nestabilities in a different way to make a Framed gatefold card! I added a Flower. Also, my new thing at the moment is Foliage thanks to my new Creative Expression dies. I could have gone further and added the Flamingo image from the kit but I managed to hold back!
Well I did warn you yesterday that I was thinking of another colour scheme for the card and here it is. Want to know a secret?
It was supposed to be a brown card base with Kraft mats and layers with the papers but I cut it all out the base the wrong way around. I think it might have been my brain saying that this way would be better...
As I said yesterday, I wasn't happy with the sides. I much prefer this way and using the patterned paper to mask the join. The Kraft poinsettia is so different but I like it!
I'm currently working on version three! Hope you don't get too bored!
Sunday, 28 August 2016
A couple of days ago, I went to watch a demo - been so long! I was lucky enough to watch Tracey show us her skills. She made a Christmas card using the Snowflake border die and acetate. Well I don't own that die but wanted to try it out so used my Australia Border die instead! So I made a card blank and had no idea where to go next!
So I added some foliage and a poinsettia and a strip of navy to hide the join as I didn't like it visible. Stuck it down but then realised I didn't like the strip (will think of another way next time!) but by now it was too late...
I carried on and decorated the inside and ended up with a not to Christmassy Christmas card. I do like the acetate look and never really used it much before. I will be again though!!! Already thinking of reworking this slightly and alternating the colour scheme. Must go and work on the next version.