Saturday 22 August 2009

La-La Weekly Wednesday Challenge 1 - Flower Power

Well, last Wednesday was the first of the 'La La Weekly Wednesday Challenge'. My stamps arrived after this date (but we sort of knew that would be the case for the first week) and so it's now I'm managing to get it done - next weeks is already made so I have caught up with the rest of the design team. The theme for the first Challenge is:
FLOWER POWER



I have used my Happy Maya stamp and used some digi papers to create the background and the decoupaged flowers. Those of you who follow my blog know that I don't usually go flowery so this card was a real challenge but I'm pleased with the result.


Anyone can play with this challenge! To kick off the challenges, Irina will be giving away Window La-La to one lucky participant! The design team will select the top 3 favorites every week for each challenge.The Top 3 will get to put this adorable button on their blog.

The one with the most votes will get 25% off at La-La Land Crafts online store! Here's what you need to do to participate:

1) Create a NEW card for the challenge. Yes, you may combine challenges!You may also use other images.

2) Post your card or project to the SCS gallery.

3) Keyword: LLWWC1* If you are using a stamp from La-La Land Crafts, use keywords: LLLC, LLWWC1
4) Link to this challenge in your gallery post.
5) Then come back here and post a link to your gallery under "Comments".
If you do not have a blog and do not upload to Spitcoaststampers, you can still play along!! Just email us your card/project and we will enter it into the challenge!!


You have until Monday, August 24th!

10 comments:

Juls said...

gorgeous image!! and I just love this card!!

Scrappymax said...

Really great Paul, well done on your first challenge and the flowers look fab.

Irina Blount said...

I just KNEW you can do it Paul!!! Gorgeous card!!! Maya looks so happy and I love the sentiment!!
Hugs!!
Irina

Cazzy said...

Love the cow, I have a cow loving DIL, so try and get cow stamps - have a whole herd already but not this one.

Cazzy x

Kimmi said...

Gorgeous card Paul. I love Maya and your sentiment is fab! Love the digi papers! Loving the flowers - they must have taken an age to cut out :)

Kimmi xx

Maureen said...

Fabulous card!! Love all the flowers!

Kathy said...

Just adorable Paul!! I love the colors that you have used and your flowers are fabulous!! Also that sentiment is so cute!!
:)kathy

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Way to go Paul! I love your card!!!

Marcea said...

Hi Paul, this is a fab card!! I love Maya and you have done such an excellent job! Hope you are having a nice weekend
-x-

Unknown said...

Awesome card, Paul! Love your patterned paper!