Sunday 28 June 2009

Nestie Penguin

I've been seeing a lot of animals and other items made out of punched shapes lately and this morning I saw Sarah's version over on her blog. I've always wanted to have a go but don't have any large punches and don't really intend buying any as I have enough nestabilities. Anyway, I attempted to create a penguin using Ovals nesties for the body and wings and a Scalloped Oval nestie for the beak and feet. He's a bit fatter than he would be using the Stampin Up punches. Here's the result of the play about.


Why is it blue? Well, I don't have much black card left and so didn't want to waste it if it didn't work. I have a lot of these blues and so I thought I'd use it for the 'playing about' session. I still need to work on the eyes as they don't seem quite right (I used a hole punch to make them).

I made a quick and simple embossed background for him to sit on.

So what do you think of my first attempt at a punched animal? I'd really like to know your thoughts as I'm not really sure about it yet. Please let me know by leaving a comment below especially if you have other ideas on making things using nestie cut outs.

6 comments:

Sarah B said...

I love this Paul, he is brilliant, what a fantastic use of different dies, and I like the Blue, very COOL!!!, Hugs SarahB X

Tenia Nelson said...

Too cute!!!

Milliesmarvels said...

I think he is really cute! Haven't tried to make anything with my Nestabilities yet, I haven't got the ovals but I really want them! Thanks for your comment on my ATCs, it took me ages to get them right and I have a pile of 'failed' ones I may try and rescue to use as toppers for Charity cards for Marie Curie next year. I thought I would be prepared and do some through the year so hopefully I will have at least 50 to send when the bags arrive :-)

Norine said...

how cute is this very creative
Hugs
Norine

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Cool!!! He looks great ^.^

Anonymous said...

Love him, Paul. Really clever. I think the eyes are fine. That idea certainly opens a few doors .. just wish I had some nesties!! :o)
LizCx