Saturday 18 December 2010

Mini Tabbed Book

 When I order from PTI the other day, I was really looking forward to being able to use the Snowflake Serenade set to create quick but sophosticated cards. But I also ordered a few dies too. I ordered the mini tabbed book die to be able to create small scrapbooks and notebooks. I spent yesterday just cutting out lots and lots of pages! This one is made using night of navy card with the night of navy and bashful blue ink from SU.


I havent got any rings to tie them together. If anyone can let me know a good place to get some jump rings then please let me know. Can't seem to find any anywhere! So instead, I used some Night of Navy Ribbon to secure the pages. The tabs I made using a SU punch and stamped some PTI mini sentiments (yes, another new set!)


I also got the bookmark die too. I made a matching bookmark for the mini book.


 I'm entering this project into the following challenges:
Alice In Wonderland - Curiouser and Curiouser (Winter Wonderland)
Allsorts - Anything Goes
Sew Many Cards - Winter Project
Stamp Something - Tags or Pocket (I think the bookmark doubles up as a tag)

9 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

What a wonderful book! Have a great Christmas.

Gabbi said...

Great book, I love how you used paper to put over the tabs. Looks great. I usually can find binder rings on ebay or a large office supply place like staples or office max. Some scrapbook places have colored ones and I think tim holtz carries a line. Good luck, happy holidays.
gabbi

Paul said...

Thanks Gabbi. A bit far away from the big ofice stores by here so went on ebay. Managed to find some! If only I'd been looking for 'book rings' from the start I would have found them ages ago. Found 2 sizes so oredered both the 1 inch and 3/4 inches to see which fit best.

Thanks
Paul

Paul said...

Thanks Gabbi. A bit far away from the big ofice stores by here so went on ebay. Managed to find some! If only I'd been looking for 'book rings' from the start I would have found them ages ago. Found 2 sizes so oredered both the 1 inch and 3/4 inches to see which fit best.

Thanks
Paul

Catherine said...

Paul this is FANTASTIC ! Love the idea ! I used to do a lot of scrapbooking but don't have much time for it now so this would be just perfect ! Love it to bits ! Hugs from Catherine

Sarah B said...

This is a gorgeous Project Paul, I love PTI But the postage is just too much for me. Hope you enjoy christmas take care, Hugs SaraH B X

Anonymous said...

This is such a gorgeous project.. I have all those stamps, but never thought to use them such a wonderful way like you did :)... Love it!

Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Cards Challenge this week. Hope that you will join us next week..

Happy holidays :)

racinggrandma61 said...

Wonderful job on this book. Your detail is just gorgeous. TY for joining us at SMC challenges and be sure to come back,

Good luck and Happy Holidays

Laralee DT

Anonymous said...

Great project! Thanks for joining us at SFTW
Yvonne x