Friday 3 July 2009

Season of Joy

Took out my new Season of Joy stamp set for a play today. Had another go at the CAS card I did before but this time I used Night of Navy and Bashful Blue ink. Not really sure about it as I prefer the Real Red and Olive Green combo better, I think the blues just look too cold. I've taken a pic of them side by side to show the comparison.

I also attempted to adapt a card I saw in the SU catalogue. I've used Chocolate Chip card and Ink for the base and stamped the snowflake from the Season of Joy stamp onto white linen card. It's cut with my nesties and mounted on some Pumpkin Pie card. The ribbon is also Pumpkin Pie. Finally stamped the sentiment from the set onto white linen and attached to the bottom. I like the colour combo here and think it really makes a different looking christmas card.

7 comments:

Beth aka BR-T said...

I love your different color combo great cards!BR-T

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

beautiful cards paul

so classy!

hugs jane x

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards Paul. I love the Blue one. xx

Sue said...

oh wow i love these cards,i do prefer the green and red but i also love the blue...outstanding

I'm going to be placing a SU order soon,thinks i will get this set now i have seen these..TFS

sue
xx

kssdesigns said...

Red, blue, or brown, I think they are all wonderful. Maybe a little something in the center flower of the blue card will pep it up?

Norine said...

love how simple yet so pretty these cards are great job
Hugs
Norine

Wiccababe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.