Monday 24 October 2011

JJ Birthday Book

As it is a Monday, it's Anything But a Card Day at Bugaboo's blog, Catch The Bug! Today is my turn and I have used my Papertrey page die along with a whole bunch of JJ images from Bugaboo to create a Birthday Book/Diary.


Jodie has created a few sets called Calendar Months for a range of her characters. This means that you can easily have an image to suit every month of the year. I created a template for the pages in Microsoft Publisher and then inserted a JJ image onto each. Here's January:


And February:


And as it's October:


As it was intended as a birthday book, I used Baking JJ on the cover as I think she looks like she is struggling to bake a birthday cake. Finished off with a few jump rings and ribbon and viola!

I am entering this card into the One Stop Craft No Designer Paper challenge and Craft Catz's Birthday challenge. Stampin Sisters have a Time theme too so the calendar element fits in with that. My Time To Craft want Dies, well each page has been cut with one. The ric rac is also a Papertrey die cut.

17 comments:

Suzilou said...

This is a brilliant idea and you have to love JJ, would make an excellant Christmas gift. Thank you for the inspiration :)

Melissa S. said...

This is so cool. I love it Paul and will be making some for all my sisters and maybe my brothers. Their wives will look at them I think.

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Paul .love that front cover ...she could be making her Christmas pudding or a birthday cake so it is a versatile front .Love the pages too .
Shirley-Anne

Tammy said...

Awesome creation Paul! I love this!!

sgc said...

Paul--this is really great! I'll be making some of these.

Jodie Mackrell said...

very cool idea Paul! always love your creations!!

carol said...

super idea, thanks for sharing, love all the images, fab creation. thanks for joining in with our CRAFTY CATZ challenge this week, x carol

Becky G said...

This is awesome Paul! Great gift idea!

:) Becky

Rae Anne said...

Whoever receives this as a handmade gift from you is sooooo freakin' lucky!!! Is it me??? ;) MWAH!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Paul - this is fabulous! I love the idea of a calendar for the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge - love that image! Thank you for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week - we love to see you! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Diamond Doll said...

Oooh a fabulous gift Paul.Thankyou for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Aunty Sue said...

Brilliant paul thanks for joining Crafty Catz this week

Unknown said...

Cute! Clever idea! Thanks for posting it for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week.

Curly said...

Oh My Word this is one very pretty creation, I just love colour theme, its just perfect for our challenge this week,

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Happy Birthday
I hope you can join us again next week


Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)x

ileana said...

OMG! this is a wonderful idea!!! thank you so much for sharing it! fantastic creation, hugs,

Grace said...

WHat a great and clever idea! Thanks for joining us at SSIC!

MariLynn said...

This project looks really cool! I like how you put it together. It surely does fit with my challenge at SSIC. Thanks for sharing it!!