Tuesday 19 August 2008

Sizzix Take Out Box

Had a delivery yesterday of the Sizzix XL Take Out Box - bought it for use with the Cubs but obviously it needed a test run!!! I cut one piece out of black and one of yellow (because they were near!). At this point, I didn't actually know what I'd do with them and then remembered about the Elzybell dog with the BEE - perfect colours. So I stamped some paw prints onto the yellow and made a topper. Only trouble was how to attach it and still be able to open it!

Then (from nowhere) an idea hit me and so I used a brad so that the topper can swivel to the side and allow the lid to be opened!


Also had a go at using some textured silver metallic card stock and fixed it together using brads to make it look like a toolbox. Saw the idea on Create and Craft the other day!

6 comments:

Elaine ♥ said...

That is just FABULOUS Paul... such an ingenius idea with the topper too :)

I love it :D
Elaine x

Dawn said...

Looks great and would hold some crafty stash too!!
Great idea with the swivel topper!

WeirdCat said...

You have been busy, what a great idea, am sure the cubs will have great fun with this die

carolann said...

Wow this is brilliant hun well done xxx

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow ,Paul this is brilliant ,love it ,Dawnxxx

Linny said...

What a great box! Love the idea of a swivel topper.Lindax